Arecont Vision SurroundVideo® Megapixel IP Cameras
Posted on October 9, 2012 by newbrandmedia
H.264 SurroundVideo® Day/Night series megapixel cameras provide an all-in-one solution for wide area video surveillance. Available in 180° and 360° panoramic configurations, SurroundVideo® cameras feature 8 megapixel panoramic dual encoder (H.264 and MJPEG) cameras housed in a vandal resistant IP66 dome.
A single SurroundVideo® panoramic camera can replace up to 24 conventional cameras with the ability to zoom into multiple regions of interest. Their return on investment is easily measured any way you view it.
- 8 megapixel with 180° and 360° panoramic configurations
- All-in-one vandal resistant H.264/MJPEG Day/Night solution
- Easily adjustable 2-axis gimbal
- +/- 10° mechanical sensor tilt adjustment (AV8365DN)
- Privacy masking for multiple regions
- Extended motion detection grid
- Superior low light performance (1/2” CMOS sensor)
- 2 megapixel resolution (1600 x 1200) per sensor – 6400 x 1200 total
- IP66 weatherproof standard
- Various mounting options (surface, wall, pendant, in-ceiling)
Higher Resolution + Panoramic Field of View = Greater ROI
An area typically requiring multiple PTZ cameras or multiple fixed cameras can be covered with a single AV8185DN panoramic camera. It delivers comprehensive coverage with forensic detail – all without the need for an operator or control software. A highly cost-efficient solution, the AV8185DN virtually obsoletes the need and related expenses of PTZ cameras.
For applications that require critical detail like license plate recognition, combine the AV8185DN panoramic camera with single sensor megapixel cameras at entrance and exit points.
Compliant H.264 Compression
- Compliant implementation of H.264 allows full frame rates and full resolution without sacrificing image quality
- H.264 and MJPEG dual compression support with simultaneous streaming
- Decreases the CPU load both at the client (decompression) side and the server/storage side
- Lower bandwidth and storage relative to MJPEG
- Bit rate control to maintain desired bandwidth and storage size
- Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) allows for compatibility with media players such as Apple Quicktime®, VLC and others
Allows the ability to select multiple regions of an arbitrary shape and block the video. It is supported by both HTTP and TFTP protocols, and features an on-board web interface.
Extended Motion Detection
Offers a higher granularity grid of 1,024 distinct motion detection zones in contrast to the 64 zones in previous versions